A journal that focuses on Flash Platform development, and a little bit about what I am up to on any given day.

Monday, June 20, 2005

Fullscreen FLV

I don't know how many of you have encountered this, but in recent past I have had many flash projects in which the client has requested fullscreen video. Many clients speak of the ability of Quicktime and Windows Media Video to natively go fullscreen from the web players.

Even though this is very possible to do using javascript, and a popup window, I long for the Flash Player be able to do the same thing natively.

This would be useful for FLV video, especially with the announced improvements to FLV in Maelstrom, so I remain hopeful that potentially Macromedia could facilitate this in some way that could not be abused.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, agreeing with you guys. Been searching for FLV with full function, this is done by google video, I dont know what they use, they have 2x zoom and full screen by popup..
If any of you kindly found a solution, please email to me hslbh@cox.net . I would appreciated it.

1:18 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

enjoy people

http://sweb.cityu.edu.hk/50689882/flv.html

3:40 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

anonymous... you are a genius.. cheers..

12:46 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

http://www.hypernarrative.com/wordpress/2006/10/16/youtube-full-screen/


that page have some fla files that you can download and make you understand the new fullscreen feature!!

2:39 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home